The 15th Budapest International Comics Festival will take place from May 8th to 12th, with the main event held on the last day in Dürer kert.
The official poster was created by Miklós Felvidéki.
This year's international guests are:
- Vittorio Giardino (Italy), whose Hungarian Rhapsody is published on the occasion of the festival by Frike Comics
- Nicolas Mahler (Austria), whose first Hungarian-language comic collection (extracts from Die Goldgruber Chroniken) is published on the occasion of the festival by Nero Blanco Comix
- Jean-Pierre Pécau (France), co-writer of the comic album drawn by Hungarian artist Lajos Farkas,collecting episodes 26 and 34 of the Jour J series. "The Ballad of the Hanged Men" was published in December 2018 by Nero Blanco Comix
- May 8th: opening of the exhibition of the works of last year's Alfabéta and Korcsmáros Pál prize winners (Olivér Csepella, Miklós Felvidéki, József Sváb)
- May 9th: "Top 10 superheroines", a roundtable organized by the Roboraptor blog
- May 10th: opening of the exhibition of Márk László with original art from his comic album "Very bad dreams" to be published on the occasion of the festival
- May 10th: meeting Vittorio Giardino, at the Italian Institute
- May 11th: meeting Jean-Pierre Pécau, at the French Institute
- May 11th: Jodorowsky 90 - roundtable with Próza Nostra